<!--<style ><!--/*<!-- -->

This page has been moved to a new address. Redirecting....

<!-- /*--><!--/*--> Oluthando...: Time Machine Anyone?

Time Machine Anyone?

My daughter is ecstatic because she's going for her first official sleepover.  Official as in it's not at her cousin's house, or close family friends.  Yes she's 7, and to most thats considered late, but if you knew the relationship my daughter and I have you'd understand.  Everytime I leave the house I'm bombarded with...

"what time are you coming back?"
"It better not be dark when you get here"...
"that top is showing a bit of stomach, you should change" ...

Yes, we crossed the typical mom/daughter relationship a long time ago.  Don't get me wrong, she definitely knows I'm GI Jane mommy, I'm the one who reprimands and enforces rules.   But I'm also the one who hugs her tight when she's sad, the one who makes the booboo pain better, the one who bakes with her and watches her favourite movies on weekends.  We play games on her leapad, we go through my closet and play dress up.  All we had was each other when her dad and I separated.  So through the years, we've both been too attached to each other and we really didn't mind it.  But now, she told me she's ready to have a life (not in the exact words, but its the same really).  Now I have to let her go.  Where the hell is this time flying off to?